Here is a clip from my Google Search of “DIY Pascal Halloween Costume.”
As you can see, out of over 4.4 million results I appeared first with my Google+ (and erinbettis.com) photo.The links below mine do not have the authorship markup, giving me a major leg-up over this search.
If that’s enough motivation for you to use this technique, here are 10 reasons why you should claim your Google Authorship Markup.
- Establishes authority
- Increases page views
- Increases click through rates
- It makes your link stand out
- Professional looking
- Increases visibility
- Provides individuality from other similar websites or from people with the same name
- Builds a community through Google+
- Combats plagiarism
Well, I found two sites that explain it best.
- Google+: They offer an easy step-by-step process to add it if your domain email address matches the email address where your content is published. If it doesn’t match, I suggest:
- JM Internet Group: Jason has a fabulous tutorial on this process, which I used myself.
For more awesomeness in the DIY Blog Design Series, please visit:
- How to Make Your Own Business Cards
- How to Put Social Media Icons in a Blogger Header
- How to Remove the Blogger Navbar
- How to Get Your Picture in Google Search Results